[ubuntu-mythtv] Can't get S-video out to work on Dell ATI Radeon 7500 32MB low-profile AGP Video Card

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 15 18:54:19 BST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:41:54AM -0700, Steven Dennis wrote:
> AGP slot which had my graphic card in it.  I wanted to use the s-video
> out to hook up to my TV, but only get a signal during the initial
> start up of the computer (i.e. when the BIOS is starting the machine).

See if this helps, I needed it for my older ATI cards:

xrandr --output S-video --set load_detection 1

More details here under "Output specific properties":
http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12

It may need a mode forced too, but I didn't have to do that.  Just enabled
load-detection and sometimes 'xrandr --auto'

Good luck!

-Kees

--
Kees Cook