[ubuntu-mythtv] Acer 5720Z Powering Down!!!

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 14 05:03:35 BST 2010

MythTV Users:

Although the Mythubuntu 9.10 LiveCD does run on this ACER 5720Z Laptop (I
was able to Watch some Recorded/Live TV Shows from the 9.10 Backend),
attempts to install the 9.10 Frontend onto the ACER's Harddisk are foiled
because the Laptop Powers Down before the HD Installation can complete!!!
Although the ACER Laptop runs Windows 7 without such "Spontaneous"
Powerdown "Problems", this is the first time I have tried to run Mythbuntu
on the ACER Laptop...  Hence I do NOT know if this might be a MythTV ONLY
"Issue" or a more "General" Ubuntu/Linux "Issue"???  Any Insight would be
greatly appreciated...

Lawrence Houston  --  (MythTV at GREENFIELD.dyndns.org)