[ubuntu-mythtv] Mythbuntu CableCARD support

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Wed Apr 1 13:01:16 BST 2009

2009/4/1 Mario Limonciello <superm1 at ubuntu.com>:
> I'm pleased to announce a partnership between the Mythbuntu project and 2
> major US cable companies beginning today.  For the last year we have been
> undergoing negotiations with Time Warner & Comcast about supporting
> CableCARD on Mythbuntu based consumer PCs.  Negotiations are now complete
> and the engineers have helped to draft a technical preview of support on
> Mythbuntu.
>
> Please visit our website [1] for more details about how you can help test
> CableCARD support.
>
> [1] http://www.mythbuntu.org/cablecard

WOW!  Very cool, Mario!  Congratulations.

By chance, does this agreement includes the forthcoming Tru2way
standard as well?  I don't know of any PC tuners planned for Tru2way,
but I assume they will appear eventually - perhaps called BOCRs (see
http://msmvps.com/blogs/chrisl/archive/2008/02/29/1522852.aspx for a
brief discussion).

Off to see about a cablecard tuner...

   Marc