[ubuntu-mythtv] Bug triage

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 20 09:08:27 BST 2008

Hi Everyone:

I'd like to put out a call to help do some cleanup on the Mythbuntu
project.  This development period our bug list has been growing quicker than
we have been able to keep up with.  If you have a few cycles that you can
spare to help out and have some basic experience in helping debug problems
and identify support requests versus true bugs, we would be most
appreciative.  There have been a few community members that have stepped up
and commented on a few bugs, and even doing this for 2 or 3 bugs over a few
days goes a long way.  We've got ~150 bugs open right now.

So if you would like to help out, follow this:

1) If you don't already have an account with Launchpad, make one at
http://launchpad.net.  It's free
2) Visit https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bugs
3) Glance throug the list of bugs, or search for things that you know you
can help out with or at least comment on.

If you don't know what status to set the bug to, please look at
https://help.launchpad.net/Bugs/Statuses as it will explain bug statuses.
The priority represents how important the bug is to the project.  If it's a
feature request it's automatically wishlist.  Adding support for devices,
remotes, tuners, are all feature requests.  Setting the priority is less
important that the status.

If someone asked for some information a while ago >=20 days and this wasn't
provided, this is a good reason to mark the bug as Invalid with a comment
indicating that the bug is being closed since the information asked for
wasn't provided.

So anyone that can put aside 10-20 minutes to help out with at least looking
at a few bugs, this would be a great help.  If you are able to help fix
them, that's an added bonus :)

Thanks!

--
Mario Limonciello