[ubuntu-mythtv] MythArchive

Nick Fox nickj.fox at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 01:53:36 BST 2008

To answer your questions:

As for Speed: That is the normal speed there are several factors to this
amount of time this process takes mainly transcoding. The conversion from
mpg to native dvd format takes a big chunk of time depending on the video
you are recording. If you plan on just archiving shows to watch again later
on MythTV then you can switch to a native archive and the process will take
much less time.

As for changing the DVD drive:  From the main menu, Utilities / Setup >
Setup > Media Settings > Archive Settings > General, on one of the screens
in this menu has the DVD burner on it, usually defaulted at /dev/dvdrw
however this is not always the device node for your system, many times, even
on my own system, the device node is in-fact setup by udev as /dev/cdrom

If you are in the US you should default your DVD buring to NTSC

-Nick