[ubuntu-mythtv] MythArchive

Richard Brook byronf16 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 00:41:14 BST 2008

I am new to MythTV. I am trying to use MythArchive to write my Recordings to
DVD.

When I go into the Frontend menus, to Create DVD, the Log shows that the
process is taking at least half an hour to an hour.

I have a 3Ghz P4, 2Gb ram, an Nvidia Gforce 6200 OC PCI graphics card, three
250Gb Sata HD's, a Plextor Internal 716A DVD writer, a Samsung DVD Rom
player, and a USB LG GSA-E60L External DVD writer.

While watching the Log, the process ends when Mytharchive tries to write to
/dev/dvd and keeps saying that the Tray is Open. There is blank media in
each DVD Writer. I thought I saw a configuration screen identifing the 716A
as the default DVD Writer, but I cannot find that config screen. I was going
to switch to the LG DVD writer, but I do not know how to do that.I wrote an
ISO image, with MythArchive, and it completed successfully.

I would like to know how to Speed up the process MythArchive uses to write a
DVD and also how to change the default DVD writer.

Also, should I be using PAL or NTSC

rbrook1 at rochester.rr.com