[ubuntu-mythtv] MythTV and Ultimate 1.9

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 2 07:26:27 BST 2008

Hi Richard:

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 01:16, Richard Brook <byronf16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a 3Ghz P4 2Gb ram Three 250Gb SATA HD's Nvidia Gforce 6200 OC video
> and a WinTV-HVR 1600 PCI card
>
> I was successful in installing the drivers and the firmware and getting
> MythTV up and running. This card comes with a coax connector for HDTV
> antenna and a coax connector for Cable tv. I have Digital cable, but the
> coax running to the Cable TV coax, on the card, comes directly from the line
> in and not from the HDTV cable box.
>
> I signed up for a 7 day eval of Schedule Direct, to receive a Program Guide
> and I was able to downlod the Icons. When I look at the Program Guide, every
> channel has a duplicate entry that says Unknown.

Are you using the digital or analog aspects of this card?  If you are using
the digital aspects, you might need to go back to mythtv-setup and make sure
you enter the callsigns for these channels properly.  If you are using
analog, you should delete all your channels, and do a fetch rather than a
channel scan.

> How do i get rid of these Unknown channel entries from the Program Guide?
>
> How do I set up MythTV to Skip Commercials? Does this really eliminate the
> commercials from being recorded?

They still get recorded, but they are "flagged" to be skipped.  This should
happen on its own.  You have to go into the frontend interface however to
turn on "automatically" skipping the commercials.

> --
> rbrook1 at rochester.rr.com

Mario Limonciello
superm1 at gmail.com