[ubuntu-mythtv] MythTV and Ultimate 1.9

Richard Brook byronf16 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 07:16:40 BST 2008

I have a 3Ghz P4 2Gb ram Three 250Gb SATA HD's Nvidia Gforce 6200 OC video
and a WinTV-HVR 1600 PCI card

I was successful in installing the drivers and the firmware and getting
MythTV up and running. This card comes with a coax connector for HDTV
antenna and a coax connector for Cable tv. I have Digital cable, but the
coax running to the Cable TV coax, on the card, comes directly from the line
in and not from the HDTV cable box.

I signed up for a 7 day eval of Schedule Direct, to receive a Program Guide
and I was able to downlod the Icons. When I look at the Program Guide, every
channel has a duplicate entry that says Unknown.

How do i get rid of these Unknown channel entries from the Program Guide?

How do I set up MythTV to Skip Commercials? Does this really eliminate the
commercials from being recorded?

rbrook1 at rochester.rr.com