[ubuntu-mythtv] Mythbuntu 8.10 will not boot

Richard Brook byronf16 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 00:56:46 GMT 2008

I have been running Ubuntu Ultimate 1.9. I have an Nvidia Gforce 6200 OC
video card and I am using the Nvidia Restricted video drivers v173. I am
also successfully running MythTV.

When I installed Mythbuntu 8.10, on the same PC and a different HD, it
installed with the Default video drivers. After I switched to the Nvidia
restricted video driver v173, and rebooted, Mythbuntu 8.10 boots up to a
text based Login prompt.

How can I change back to the Default video drivers or find Nvidia drivers
that will work?

There is no option in the Grub menu to boot up in a Low Graphics mode so
that I can change the Video driver selection.

rbrook1 at rochester.rr.com