[ubuntu-mythtv] Mythbuntu-diskless: Testers wanted for 8.04!

Michael Haas laga+mythbuntu at laga.ath.cx
Fri Feb 29 12:00:25 GMT 2008

Hello,

Mythbuntu 8.04 will make it very easy to add diskless frontends to your
existing setup.

There are several reasons why you'd want diskless frontends:
* No hard disk: your frontend is cheaper and quieter
* Setup time: you don't have to install Mythbuntu on all your frontends.
Instead, you just create one image on the server which is used by all
diskless frontends.
* Quickly turn existing (windows) computers into MythTV frontends
without having to install Mythbuntu or load the live disk.

The second version of the mythbuntu-diskless packages was uploaded last
night and they're finally stable enough to have them tested by a wider
audience.

If you're interested in testing it, I have put together some
documentation [1]. It's necessary that you're at least running
mythbuntu-diskless version 0.2-0ubuntu1.

Keep in mind that it's a bit rough, especially regarding the
documentation . If you encounter any problems or if you have trouble
understanding the documentation, please post in the forums [2] or on
this mailing list so we can get it fixed!

Regards,

Michael

[1] http://www.pastebin.ca/922839
[2] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=711079