[ubuntu-mythtv] 8.10 weekly builds not working

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Fri Dec 12 21:37:24 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:26 AM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://uk.weeklybuilds.mythbuntu.org/mythbuntu/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/main/binary-i386/Packages
> > > shows 0.21.0+fixes19084 but it isn't installing for some reason.
> > > 0.21.0+fixes18722 is what is currently installed on my 8.10 systems.
> > > Has something changed such that I need to pin packages or what?
>
> Is anyone able to comment whether the UK intrepid auto build fixes is
> safe to use and now installs or should I use the "US" mirror?

One thing that doesn't see to work for me is mytharchive. I tried to make a
DVD of a couple of NG shows.

It appears my stability problems are related to NFS. For some reason nfs
just hangs and after a while the backend just kind of hangs too.  This has
been happening primarily on the master backend which is a somewhat
underpowered P3 500Mhz.  I have changed fstab to use rw,soft,intr,tcp. See
man nfs and the section on soft / hard for more details.  I haven't been
running this change long enough to know if it will help.  In theory myth
should get an error and not get stuck like it has.

Chuck

PS I hunted for nfs bugs in launchpad but didn't find any that seemed
appropriate.
I'll probably report one.
Some NFS links.
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch29_:_Remote_Disk_Access_with_NFS#NFS_Hanging