[ubuntu-mythtv] debugging LiveCD X11

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Mon Apr 28 16:41:08 BST 2008

First, nice work on the new version.

I'm debugging a xorg config error with the LiveCD (does the same on
both gutsy and hardy).

When X comes up, the desktop display is messed up with repeating
images (about 4). This is a typical display frequency mismatch. The
display is connected via HDMI and xorg probes the monitor correctly
but does not pick the correct settings.

If you open the screen resolution panel and select a setting, then
"ok", the screen display is now correct. So somehow, xorg is picking
a bad setting and ignoring the good ones returned by the display
probe.

Any suggestions on how I might debug this and where to start looking.

Thanks
Scott