[ubuntu-mythtv] Should we ship phpmyadmin?

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 27 16:40:26 BST 2007

I'm in agreement with Ben & Dave on this one.

At least in its most basic case, it shouldn't be part of ubiquity.  I
can see it being available in m-c-c however, as there are a few other
things that make sense to put in there still too.  (Who would have
thought m-c-c would become so essential :))

Ben Dailey wrote:
> On 9/27/07, Dave Walker <DaveWalker at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 15:15 +0200, Michael Haas wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> is there a good reason why we aren't shipping phpmyadmin with mythbuntu?
>>> It'd make it easier to modify the database.
>>> Thoughts?
>> I'm not satisfied there is a need for end-users to be playing with the
>> database. I feel that shipping phpMyAdmin is supporting 'fiddling'.
>> Furthermore, every other week* it seems there is a securirity floor
>> found in phpMyAdmin.
>> If the user feels it is necessary - it's not exactly hard to install.
>> If we do decided to go with this, is there an argument for not bundling
>> webmin?
>> * Feels like it.
>> Just my thoughts... :)
>> Kind Regards,
>> Dave Walker
>> --
> I am in agreement with Dave Walker here if the user is savvy enough to
> play with database settings of mythtv then they should be able to get
> phpmyadmin installed.
> Just my 2 cents,
> Ben

Mario Limonciello