[ubuntu-mythtv] Method for pushing images to the mirrors

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 24 23:30:43 BST 2007

Only if the mirror supported sftp/ssh I'd say so.

I figure if the mirror supports sftp/ssh, the first command will be to
upload an ISO/md5sum.  Then run the md5sum, and then remove any old iso's
from that series.

Can do it one at a time, since between the two iso's, we're sitting at
~900mb.  Any chances of bumping that 2GB up to 4GB perhaps?  That would let
the mirror be good for two cycles (7.10/8.04), and then when 8.10 is ready
to go, retire the 7.10 part.

On 9/24/07, Thomas Mashos <thomas at weilandhomes.com> wrote:

> I'm working on getting another mirror, but we're limited to 2GB, would
> it be possible to have the prev. images auto removed via the script?
>
> On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 17:21 -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> > So perhaps in this shell script we'll just keep a list of all the
> > mirrors and their respective pushing methods.
> >
> > Sounds feasible to me.  Well mirror owners that are on list, how does
> > this sound to you?
> >
> > On 9/24/07, Dave Walker <DaveWalker at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >         On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 17:03 -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> >         <SNIP>
> >         >
> >         > We now have a canonical server for the main image mirror
> >         > (cdimages.mythbuntu.org ), and many other mirroring servers
> >         that will
> >         > handle taking copies from there.
> >
> >         Not quite live yet.. need to wait for the DNS and initial
> >         upload of
> >         ISO's.
> >         >
> >         > So this brings us to the question, should we setup a push or
> >         pull
> >         > method among the different mirrors?
> >         <SNIP>
> >         > What do people think, and/or recommend for methods here?
> >         >

> >         If all the other 'mirror masters' are happy, I would suggest a
> >         push; via
> >         a shell scriptt scp/ftp/sftp (as AIUI not all mirrors have
> >         shell access
> >         - so standard ftp will be necessary).  This would seem the
> >         logical
> >         solution IMO.
> >
> >         Kind Regards,
> >         Dave Walker