[ubuntu-mythtv] Method for pushing images to the mirrors

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 24 23:24:21 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 17:03 -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
<SNIP>

> We now have a canonical server for the main image mirror
> (cdimages.mythbuntu.org), and many other mirroring servers that will
> handle taking copies from there.

Not quite live yet.. need to wait for the DNS and initial upload of
ISO's.

> So this brings us to the question, should we setup a push or pull
> method among the different mirrors?
<SNIP>
> What do people think, and/or recommend for methods here?

If all the other 'mirror masters' are happy, I would suggest a push; via
a shell scriptt scp/ftp/sftp (as AIUI not all mirrors have shell access
- so standard ftp will be necessary).  This would seem the logical
solution IMO.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker