[ubuntu-mythtv] Method for pushing images to the mirrors

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 24 23:03:51 BST 2007

Hi Everyone,

Our number of mirrors has been slowly growing this month, and its probably
near the point that moving images around by hand is more time consuming than
it should be.  Especially with a new disk looming, i'm starting to think how
many emails will need to be sent back and forth to say copy this image from
here, and so on so forth.

We now have a canonical server for the main image mirror (
cdimages.mythbuntu.org), and many other mirroring servers that will handle
taking copies from there.

So this brings us to the question, should we setup a push or pull method
among the different mirrors?  Our cdimages only change around 1/month, so a
nightly cron script to mirror the latest images might not really be
necessary.  Since they only change once a month, i almost think a push
method would make more sense.  Issue a command on our master build server,
and push all the new images to each of the mirrors from it.

What do people think, and/or recommend for methods here?

--
Mario Limonciello
superm1 at ubuntu.com