[ubuntu-mythtv] Feisty on flash

Björn Lundin b.f.lundin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 12:45:47 BST 2007

Hi list!
I'm new to this list, and a quick look inthe archives did not reveal what I'd
like.
I have a myth-system, with the backend running dapper, with myth being
compiled by me. works great. I have a mac client, and a feisty client, both
works good too. The feisty one is underneath the tv, and has a noisy old
disk.
I've got a CF-IDE converter, and a 2 Gb CF card. The feisty installation is
stripped to 1.5 Gb. I think I can get the installation tranferred to the CF
card fairly easy. But I know that CF-cards cannot be written to too many
times. Are there pointers of what directories Feisty writes to?  or ways to
trace the ones? I guess /tmp and /var are great candidates, but any more
suggestions? The front end runs with 256 Mb ram, but I got 1 Gb to put in.
I was thinking of ramfs. tmpfs is a writable filesystem? and swap of course.
Do I need swap?

anyway, anyone done this already, and like to comment?

--
/Björn