[ubuntu-mythtv] Hosting on cdimages.ubuntu.com

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 10 21:30:46 BST 2007

Karl,

Hi my name is Mario Limonciello, and I'm leading the development of
Mythbuntu.  We were approved a few months back as a recognized derivative
and are planning our first release to be shortly after Gutsy's release.
Matthew Nuzum was originally going to work with us to get hosting on a
Canonical box, but after the fiasco with the loco team servers, that ended
up not being feasible.  Consequently, he pointed me at you and James Troup
to find out a little more what will be possible.  We've got another host
setup right now for hosting the website through someone in the community
that offered to help.  We also have a few mirrors with limited bandwidth for
hosting the ISO images.  At this point, we're hitting monthly BW limits
really really quick on multiple mirrors that we have setup.  We were hoping
that Canonical would be able to help to arrange mirroring the cdimages on
cdimages.ubuntu.com and then letting the pool of mirrors that copy that host
as well.  Would you be able to see how technically feasible this is?

Currently we've been pushing out 200-300 copies a day of Alpha4, so I'd
anticipate that number to go up as we get closer to release.

Thanks,

--
Mario Limonciello
superm1 at ubuntu.com