[ubuntu-mythtv] Mythbuntu - Lirc Ideas

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 18 18:35:36 BST 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:21:05PM -0500, Nick Fox wrote:
> On my end with the Python script to parse the Lircd.conf's out I am still
> hacking away at it trying to learn the proper way to parse the config for
> the best results. Any one that can provide a little help, I would greatly
> welcome it.

If the heuristic approach doesn't work, I do like the idea of having a
tool that maps lirc keys to a common set of predefined mythtv "minimum
required" actions (up, down, select, etc).  It could easily be
interactive once the remote has been chosen and lircd is running.  e.g.
"Press the button for 'up'", "Press the button for 'pause'", etc.

--
Kees Cook