[ubuntu-mythtv] Building alpha 4 ISO

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 30 17:25:27 BST 2007

Guys,

We need to get a4 built today and hopefully up for distribution / short
testing.  Dave Walker and Dave Morris were planning on generating a4 and
then hosting on uk.weeklybuilds.mythbuntu.org so that we can push it
around to other mirrors and then get the torrents made.

I've generated it myself locally with no major issues coming up.  Here
is how to generate it:

1) Requirements:
bzr, debootstrap (from gutsy), 3gb space or so, root access

2) bzr co
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/mythbuntu/mythbuntu-livedisk
You should be at revno 13 for things to work on an alpha4 build.

3) cd mythbuntu-livedisk

i386 has all the defaults ready to go:
4) NEW_DIRECTORY=/home/my_favorite/place/to/put/things sudo sh
mythbuntu_install.sh

amd64 needs an additional override:
4) NEW_DIRECTORY=/home/my/other/favorite/place ARCHITECTURE=amd64 sudo
sh mythbuntu_install.sh

Builds will take ~1hr to generate typically.  PPAs are included in the
build, so if an app isn't available in universe/multiverse/main, it will
grab it from the PPA.  Mythstream, mythbuntu-meta,
mythbuntu-control-centre all are stored there for now until they clear
with the archive admins.  Please post both the md5sum and the ISO.

Thanks,

Mario Limonciello
superm1 at ubuntu.com