[ubuntu-mythtv] Mythbackend isn't running at startup right after install

Michael Haas laga+mythbuntu at laga.ath.cx
Sat Aug 4 12:40:31 BST 2007

Hi zhaomax,

>       hi,
>

>       Mythbackend isn't running at startup right after install,why?

I guess it happens because the database is in an inconsistent state.
Some parts are there while other parts are missing. Mythbackend is
confused by that:

> 2007-08-04 13:32:11.862 Told to create a NEW database schema, but the
> database
> already has 3 tables.
> If you are sure this is a good mythtv database, verify
> that the settings table has the DBSchemaVer variable.
>
> 2007-08-04 13:32:11.864 Database Schema upgrade FAILED, unlocking.
> 2007-08-04 13:32:11.867 Couldn't upgrade database to new schema

You can fix this by using "mysql -u mythtv -p" to connect to mysql (get
the password from /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt). In the MySQL shell, run "drop
mythconverg;". After that, the database should be deleted. Now you can
reinstall the database by running "sudo aptitude purge mythtv-database
&& sudo aptitude install mythtv-database".

Please let me know if this works for you as I have not verified it myself.

Good luck,

Michael