[ubuntu-mythtv] [Question #10713]: does mythbuntu come with desk top like ubuntu?

andrew question10713 at answers.launchpad.net
Wed Aug 1 08:13:05 BST 2007

Question #10713 on Mythbuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+question/10713

andrew is still having a problem:
giday thomas,thanks for getting back to me. I can get to system
management services, with the icons at the top of the screen, but
pushing the buttons does absolutely nothing. I can't seem to understand
the concept of front and back end, it's not straight forward like
ubuntu. Thomas, I'm happy to give you a call and let you talk me through
this, my wife and kids are ready to shoot me. mythbuntu logo comes up
first, then the screen goes from black to brown to myth tv logo then to
a select your language menu all in the space of a couple of seconds.  I
hit enter then it goes to data base configuration 1/2 - where it says
MYTH COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE DATABASE. PLEASE VERIFY YOUR DATABASE
SETTINGS BELOW.  on the list our data base = mythconverg. database type
= MySQL. all this with a blue background. I hit the next button and
database configuration 2/2 list - first box = USE CUSTOMER
IDENTIFICATION FOR FRONTEND PREFERENCES. second box = USE WAKE-ON-LAN TO
WAKE DATABASE. I hit finish button mythbuntu password request comes up
on a black screen then times out back to select your language screen,
this repeats endlessly, I'm off to mental hospital to get councelling
for this frustrating problem Thomas!!! driving me mad! help please,
thinking might have to go back to mice on a wheel, more reliable!!! If
poss, can I have your number, it would be great if you could walk me
through this step by step. All the best, Andrew.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of The
Mythbuntu Team, which is an answer contact for Mythbuntu.