[ubuntu-my] Fwd: [Webmaster Tools] Message summary

fenris mohdfenris at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 08:32:16 UTC 2013

Hmmmmm ....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <wmt-noreply at google.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Subject: [Webmaster Tools] Message summary
To: mohdfenris at gmail.com

 [image: Google Logo]
Message summary

Webmaster Tools sent you the following important messages about sites in
your account. To keep your site healthy, we recommend regularly reviewing
these messages and addressing any critical issues.
http://forums.ubuntu.com.my/: Googlebot can't access your site

Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 44 errors while attempting to
access your robots.txt. To ensure that we didn't crawl any pages listed in
that file, we postponed our crawl. Your site's overall robots.txt error
rate is 62.9%.

You can see more details about these errors in Webmaster
Tools<https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/crawl-errors?siteUrl=http://forums.ubuntu.com.my/#t1=2>
.

------------------------------

 *Recommended action*
If the site error rate is 100%:

   - Using a web browser, attempt to access
   http://forums.ubuntu.com.my/robots.txt. If you are able to access it
   from your browser, then your site may be configured to deny access to
   googlebot. Check the configuration of your firewall and site to ensure that
   you are not denying access to googlebot.
   - If your robots.txt is a static page, verify that your web service has
   proper permissions to access the file.
   - If your robots.txt is dynamically generated, verify that the scripts
   that generate the robots.txt are properly configured and have permission to
   run. Check the logs for your website to see if your scripts are failing,
   and if so attempt to diagnose the cause of the failure.

If the site error rate is less than 100%:

   - Using Webmaster
Tools<https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/crawl-errors?siteUrl=http://forums.ubuntu.com.my/#t1=2>,
   find a day with a high error rate and examine the logs for your web server
   for that day. Look for errors accessing robots.txt in the logs for that day
   and fix the causes of those errors.
   - The most likely explanation is that your site is overloaded. Contact
   your hosting provider and discuss reconfiguring your web server or adding
   more resources to your website.
   - If your site redirects to another hostname, another possible
   explanation is that a URL on your site is redirecting to a hostname whose
   serving of its robots.txt file is exhibiting one or more of these issues.

 After you think you've fixed the problem, use Fetch as
Google<https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/googlebot-fetch?hl=en&siteUrl=http://forums.ubuntu.com.my/>to
fetch
http://forums.ubuntu.com.my/robots.txt to verify that Googlebot can
properly access your site.

Learn more in our Help
Center<http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=2409682&hl=en>.

------------------------------
http://wiki.ubuntu.com.my/: Googlebot can't access your site

Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 10 errors while attempting to
connect to your site. Your site's overall connection failure rate is 83.3%.

You can see more details about these errors in Webmaster
Tools<https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/crawl-errors?siteUrl=http://wiki.ubuntu.com.my/#t1=1>
.

------------------------------

 *Recommended action*

   - Verify that the web service software for your site is installed and
   running properly.
   - Verify that your firewall or server are not blocking googlebot's
   access to your site.
   - Verify that all scripts that run on your site have proper permissions
   to run.
   - Verify that your site has proper permissions to access the pages of
   your site.
   - Using Webmaster
Tools<https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/crawl-errors?siteUrl=http://wiki.ubuntu.com.my/#t1=1>,
   find a day with a high error rate and examine the logs for your web server
   for that day. Look for errors in the logs for that day and fix the causes
   of those errors.
   - Your site may be overloaded. Talk with your hosting provider about
   either reconfiguring your web server or allocating more resources to your
   web server.
   - If your site redirects to another hostname, another possible
   explanation is that a URL on your site is redirecting to a hostname that
   has one or more of the problems listed above.

 After you think you've fixed the problem, use Fetch as
Google<https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/googlebot-fetch?hl=en&siteUrl=http://wiki.ubuntu.com.my/>to

Center<http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=2409437&hl=en>.