[ubuntu-my] Invitation: Software Freedom Day KL 2011

Mohd Fazli Azran mfazliazran at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 02:54:12 UTC 2011

Dear all,

OSDCMY
 The Malaysian Open Source Developer's Community or in short known as
OSDC.my is a community based promote Open Source development, solutions and
produce world class developers. OSDC.my represent OSS-D in matters involving
the government, other organizations and the public, to conduct activities
for the development and benefit of OSS-D. To advise on matters relating to
open source software development developers to share their thought,
knowledge and experience and leverage the Open Source idea to public.

OSDC.My area of Interest:
1. Community Building – Adoption
2. Universities – Syllabus and Curriculum
3. Government – Collaboration
4. Industry Development – Subject Matter Expert
5. Research and Development - Inventor

Venue
Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL-MIIT)

Date
Wednesday, 21 Sept 2011

Time
>From 10.00 AM to 12.00 PM

Schedule:
09:30 - Welcoming + Opening Talk
10.00 - Presentation by Eric Yeoh
10.30 - Presentation by Tony Lau
11.00 - Presentation by Muhammad Syafiq mazli
11:30 - Lunch/social networking/gathering
12.00 - Let Makan Makan!!!

Will be a Lucky Draw (SFD Tshirt Limited Edition)

We have bunch of DVD for participant such Kubuntu, openSUSE, Fedora, Gnome3
& PCBSD/FreBSD to take away

We also give to participant for who most tweet using hash-tag #sfdkl2011 in
the events will get mystery gift by SFD

Speaker

Eric Yeoh
Eric has been an enthusiastic computer user for the past 2 decades, during
the days when a mouse was still a rodent. He has worked with wide variety of
customers across the Asia Pacific and European regions.

An enthusiastic proponent of the GNU/Linux operating system and a keen
supporter of open computing standards and formats. Eric strongly believes in
the freedom that brings with open source, standards and formats and has been
involved with the Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) movement for the past
decade. A openSUSE Ambassador, he is a keen participant in local FOSS
events.Eric was formerly the Training Manager at the Open Source Competency
Centre, the Malaysian Government's FOSS section; writing, delivering and
developing FOSS training material and certification programs for the
Malaysian Government's IT personnel.

Tony Lau
The vice president of the DebMal group. Also active in OSDC.my, Ubuntu-MY,
several Open Source groups. Owner of the several web hosting service which
90% of the softwares use is business are Open Source softwares. Love distro
like CentOS, Debian, FreeBSD, PCBSD, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Android, SimpleLinux
and etc. A part time blogger. A diehard Open Source Lover. Love to develop
methods of using cheapest resource to build optimum results servers.

Muhammad Syafiq Mazli
Hi, My name is @syafiqmazli. Simple. Geek. Friendly. Unhard-coded. FOSS &
Android Lover. Just ordinary IT guys but extremely good thinker!. Official
representatives of Mozilla - ReMo (Malaysia). Member of Mozilla Malaysia
Community.

Project Manager for Mozilla L10n Malaysia Team. Member of Various FOSS
Community (OSDC,Fedora,Debian) speaker at various conference such Barcamp,
SFD and Mozilla.

For any query or help dont hesitate to contact me back:

Mohd Fazli Azran
Secretariat SFDKL2011
Contact: +6013-2048672

http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2011/Malaysia/Kuala%20Lumpur/OSDCMY