[ubuntu-my] my win7 disappear from boot up menu after install ubuntu 1104

Shaiffulnizam Mohamad shaifful.md at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 04:53:29 UTC 2011

Ok, lets remove the 500GB hdd which you have the Ubuntu from the computer.
Lets have a look at it without the Ubuntu. If you can reboot into
windows than you can still save it.
If you cannot reboot from windows itself, you need to restore windows
boot or the HDD MBR first.
To restore windows MBR you need to look or read this site
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/

Then after that you can attach ubuntu partition and after that try to
fix the grub. Make sure Ubuntu SDB hdd is set to be the active one.

Just give it a try, hopefully you will be able to restore it back.