[ubuntu-my] my win7 disappear from boot up menu after install ubuntu 1104

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 29 16:47:37 UTC 2011

On 30/09/2011 00:40, Tee Wee Chong James wrote:
> how to? am no good in command in the black window.. :(
>
> but i did try using start-manager. the timeout is set to 10sec. and when i pull
> down the "default operating system", i see 4x ubuntu linux and 2x memory test.
> NO windows 7.....
>
> pls pls help...

Could you check if the os-prober package is installed (Open Ubuntu Software
Center and search for "os-prober" using the text box in the top right corner)?

If it isn't, install it, and then run "sudo update-grub" in a terminal. Then
reboot and see if Windows appears in the list.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin