[ubuntu-my] New project to promote Ubuntu on OEM PCs in Malaysia

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Fri Jun 3 03:19:24 UTC 2011

On 02/06/11 23:20, Ghodmode wrote:
> Hmmm... this idea sounds familiar
> <http://www.ghodmode.com/blog/2011/03/what-the-heck-is-freedos/>...
>
> I would be very happy to help.  I'm in Kota Kinabalu and I'm an active
> member of the KKLUG / SOSG.  I always have the latest ISOs of 32-bit
> and 64-bit Ubuntu as well as a few other distros.  I have experience
> with installation and administration / support / troubleshooting.
>  I've been using Linux since 2000.  I'm a web developer, but I'm not
> currently working on any large-scale projects.
>
> I'm American, but I can speak Malay fairly well.  I have a brand new
> baby daughter and I'm still searching for the API documentation for
> babies :), so this might limit my availability somewhat.
>
> If' you think there's a way I can help out, just let me know and I'll
> send my personal contact information.

Thanks, and that's a really nice blog post from you which I hadn't seen
before, but captures exactly the issue that this project addresses.
Since we'll be working in and around KL, I'm not sure how we can involve
you physically but at least I can add you to a small mailing list, right?

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator*

Consumers International (CI) is the world federation of consumer groups
that, working together with its members, serves as the only independent
and authoritative global voice for consumers. With over 220 member
organisations in 115 countries, we are building a powerful international
movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere.
_www.consumersinternational.org <http://www.consumersinternational.org/>_
_Twitter @ConsumersInt <http://twitter.com/Consumers_Int>_

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't