[ubuntu-my] Ubuntu Network focused on UPDATE

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 05:17:42 UTC 2011

On Monday 28,February,2011 12:47 PM, Ahmad Salmizie bin Md Som wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I try to develop a group of ubuntu computer (desktop + server). But I don't know
> how to manage an UPDATE. Internet to Ubuntu Server is fine as like we do a
> normal UPDATE. But how to UPDATE from Ubuntu Server to Ubuntu Desktop in Local
> Area Network (LAN). Anyone knows about this matter.
>
> --
> Ahmad Salmizie bin Md Som
> 06550 Alor Setar
> Kedah Darul Aman
> Mobile : +60122171718

You could look into installing and configuring apt-cacher-ng on the server, so
that all the Ubuntu computers could have their fetched packages cached on the
server. That would allow you to host a partial mirror with a fraction of the
resourced you would need to host a full mirror.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin