[ubuntu-my] dist-upgrade 101

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 05:55:01 UTC 2011

On Friday 11,February,2011 11:01 AM, najmi.zabidi at gmail.com wrote:
> hi,
>
> what is the best way to expunge your old kernel so that you only got
> your shiny /boot contains the recent updated kernel?
> although, some updates may break, last time i got my alsa corrupted
> and have to do the alsactl <dont remember> or back to the old kernel

Install computer-janitor-gtk, and run it from System->Administration->Computer
Janitor. Then make sure all the linux-image-* and linux-headers-* packages are
checked, and then click "Do selected tasks".

Only unused packages or otherwise packages that could possibly have been
leftover from upgrades or other things are listed there, so you don't have to
worry about accidentally removing your current kernel, as well as the newest
installed kernel.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin