[ubuntu-my] Progress on Ubuntu Manual Project's Malay Translation

Muhd Syazwan Md Khusaini jipang_menjerit at ubuntuseekers.com
Thu May 13 02:24:48 BST 2010

it's hard to translate chapter 3 because too much technical words..
so, translator need to be alert about jargon-free words.

about the checking parts, we need to finish it 1st so it more easier for us
to track down any error or miss spell or else..
so guys, please focus on translating 1st, and also do some quickshots (need
to download the iso, or download it. please refer at wiki).

so, please for now, do not make minor change on translation 1st. :)

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Mohamad Imran <imtym.aku at gmail.com> wrote:

> Assalamualaikum & Hello,
>
> I'm currently become a maintainer person for Ubuntu Manual Project's
> translation into Malay language & Syazwan as Team Leader. To date, 48%
> strings translated. My goal is finish this translation by 22 May,
> insya Allah.
>
> To Do:
> 1. Screenshots. Need someone to do screenshot and submit to  Launcpad.
> My suggestion use English as interface language.
> 2. Proof-reading. Typo error? Malay grammar? Suitable word/phrase? As
> this manual I considered official manual for newbie users, thus should
> not be ignored.
> 3. Last, translators. You're invited to contributing for translating
> this manual. Chapter 3 is a long chapter, and needs a lot of time for
> me working on it. Volunteers are appreciated.. Other chap, can count
> on me  ^_^
>
> Feel free to join the disscussions about this translation project  at
> Ubuntu-MY Translation & Documentation Team; specific this thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/ubuntu-my-transdocs/t/f43b191edb052771
>
> For proof-reading (and translating by offline), download ms .PO file
> from Launcpad:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/lucid-e1/+pots/ubuntu-manual/ms/+export
> , or .pdf version at: http://builds.ubuntu-manual.org/ . FYI the
> Ubuntu Manual Project's website was 100% successfully translated into
> Malay. Also need to review the traslating stuff, same as item #2
> above.
>
> For taking screenshots grab Quickshot LiveCD at:
>
> http://files.ubuntu-manual.org/quickshot/ubuntu-manual-quickshot-i386-0.0.8.iso
> .
>

> Thanks.
> --