[ubuntu-my] Best practices and Guidelines for LoCos

Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman fenris at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 1 03:25:14 BST 2010

Howdy folks! As the most outstanding Laura Czajkowski blogged about ( read all about it over here! ), we came up with some guidelines for the LoCo teams globally.

But wait, that’s not all! We need some help translating this! Sprechen sie Deutsch? Shoot over tohttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamsBestPracticesandGuidelines and help us translate!

So, here is what we have:

MONTHLY TASKS

Monthly meeting – publish mins to mailing list/forums and update wiki.o Someone to publish mins to mailing list/forums and mailing list (share out the roles)

Set a chair for 2-3 months and rotate it
Update/create a monthly report

One person to create the report and add content to it. Mail the list and ask for input in case folks had organised or participated in events within the OSS/Ubuntu community.
Meet ups – face to face , publish you had these events, link these to the report

Take pictures!
Blog about them
For larger events publish a report after the event to the loco contacts mailing list
Add All of the events to the LoCo Directory!
CYCLE BASED GOALS

Release Party
Global Jam
LONG TERM GOALS

Help get existing members of the community into positions in the LoCo where they can do the most good
Help new ( and novice ) members find members to provide some level of help to ensure the new member can contribute in a useful way
Encourage and mentor for Ubuntu Membership
Try to create contact with the locos around you, in order to find any potential cross-action
Delegate the roles on the team

Chair of meetings

Hold the monthly meeting, set the agenda ( create an agenda page under meetings and let people add to it ) process the agenda with the team.
Moderate the meeting
Web Admin

Maintain the LoCo’s website
Maintain the LoCo’s wiki site
Mailing list admin

Clear out the pending queue of messages
Moderate the mailing list and deal with policy violations over private email exchanges before escalating the issue to the team administrator
IRC Ops

Ensure the CoC is followed in #ubuntu* namespace.
Regulate bans, voice and ops ( if needed )

Regards,

Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman
http://launchpad.net/~fenris
fenris at ubuntu.com