[ubuntu-my] Ubuntu ditches X for Wayland?

Slaya Chronicles - Geeko Acolyte msiantuxlover at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 02:58:23 GMT 2010

MS Office and OpenOffice.org are different suites. They are similar
but not the same so therefore there will be differances.

I have no doubt that many are familiar with Excel and there are many
finance people who will rather die than give up Excel. But think of it
this way, if companies such as Oracle or Novell or RH can do their
businesses fine with OpenOffice.org Calc, so it must be usable. Again
I will have to admit that I am a FOSS fanatic in some ways.

 As for codecs, well the Free/Ope Source versions are contentious, to
avoid the whole legal issues I just bought my DVD Player and Codecs
from Fluendo, since I use my work notebook for entertainement as well.

As for the swicth to Wayland the geek me is happy. Let us see how it
will pan out. I am not "guru" enough to understand and appreciate the
complexity of implementing it however.

Eric