[ubuntu-my] Ubuntu ditches X for Wayland?

Ghodmode ghodmode at ghodmode.com
Tue Dec 7 23:28:43 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Slaya Chronicles - Geeko Acolyte <
msiantuxlover at gmail.com> wrote:

> RH and Novell each has a different approach to business. RH positions
> itself as an Open Source Software vendor hile Novell is a mixed-source
> organisation. Novell does a lot of closed-source things as well.

I noticed in an article about Wayland at Phoronix (
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=xorg_wayland&num=1) that
the Wayland project was started by someone from RedHat.  It's not a RedHat
project, but it still wouldn't surprise me if RedHat took a renewed interest
in Wayland after Canonical.

Does this really matter to enterprise users, though?  They wouldn't care
about GL-based features on a file / email / web / database server, would
they?