[ubuntu-my] Ubuntu Translation Jam

Hafiz Hidzir muhammadhafiz_3989 at yahoo.com.my
Sun Nov 1 01:51:18 GMT 2009


MYGOSSCON !!

Regards,
Hafiz =D




________________________________
From: "ubuntu-my-request at lists.ubuntu.com" <ubuntu-my-request at lists.ubuntu.com>
To: ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: Sun, November 1, 2009 8:59:23 AM
Subject: Ubuntu-my Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1

Send Ubuntu-my mailing list submissions to
    ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
    https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
    ubuntu-my-request at lists.ubuntu.com

You can reach the person managing the list at
    ubuntu-my-owner at lists.ubuntu.com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Ubuntu-my digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re:  Ubuntu Translation Jam (nuhaa)
   2. Re:  Mystery at the office, slightly off-topic
      (Wan M Fahmi Wan Azmi)
   3. Re:  Mystery at the office, slightly off-topic (lutfi raffi)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 09:04:47 +0800
From: nuhaa <cawan.nuhaa at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-my] Ubuntu Translation Jam
To: Malaysian Team Mailing List <ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID:
    <b4340fea0910301804id425650q8aba80740f213fc9 at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

set a date & place!

Nuhaa All Bakry / cawanpink
http://cawanpink.net
http://fosschix.my


On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Muhd Syazwan Md Khusaini <
jipang_menjerit at ubuntuseekers.com> wrote:

> sebenarnya semua sudah planned..
> tapi aku je yang blurr sikit..
> sebab tu aku bertanya..
>
> jangan marah ye :)
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> There was a lot of talking about this last few months but only plaster, no
>> concrete. Somebody got to put things together or it will just be another
>> kedai kopi talk.
>>
>> 2009/10/30 Mohd Fadzil Md Arap <fadz8l at gmail.com>
>>
>> How to join ?
>>>
>>> What is JAM ?
>>>
>>> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM, nuhaa <cawan.nuhaa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> <ME WANT TO JOIN>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Nuhaa All Bakry / cawanpink
>>>> http://cawanpink.net
>>>> http://fosschix.my
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Muhd Syazwan Md Khusaini <
>>>> jipang_menjerit at ubuntuseekers.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Simple question...any updates?
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Muhd Syazwan @ jipang_menjerit
>>>>> blog.ubuntuseekers.com
>>>>> jipang_menjerit at ubuntuseekers.com
>>>>>
>>>>> One Online Radio
>>>>> www.oneonline.cjb.net
>>>>> me at oneonline.cjb.net
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Ubuntu-my mailing list
>>>>> Ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
>>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Ubuntu-my mailing list
>>>> Ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ubuntu-my mailing list
>>> Ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Umarzuki Mochlis
>> http://gameornot.net
>>
>> --
>> Ubuntu-my mailing list
>> Ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Muhd Syazwan @ jipang_menjerit
> blog.ubuntuseekers.com
> jipang_menjerit at ubuntuseekers.com
>
> One Online Radio
> www.oneonline.cjb.net
> me at oneonline.cjb.net
>
> --
> Ubuntu-my mailing list
> Ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-my/attachments/20091031/6282bf43/attachment-0001.htm 

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 03:23:36 +0800
From: Wan M Fahmi Wan Azmi <wanfahmi at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-my] Mystery at the office, slightly off-topic
To: Malaysian Team Mailing List <ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID:
    <a27536c00910311223yc713ffejddbd1b0392f5ab23 at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Another Experience to share, my PC shuts down on it's own and can't be
switched on. After a few minutes, (sometimes hours), I can boot it up.  It
works for a random number of minutes or hours. Initially I thought there's
an over heating problem. I cleaned the fan, re-apply thermal paste, clean
the case bla bla bla...
But the problem persisted. At last, I opened up the power supply box (inside
the PC) and found the capacitors are popped and are leaking (Noticed the
yellowish stuff on the component). It was late at night and I had another
old power supply (different connectors)  an too much time on my hand.The
capacitors matched so I swapped the capacitors.
The PC now works perfectly, running 24/7.

Morale of the story. Capacitors have a life span. Once it pops, you need to
replace them. If your motherboard is busted, Check the capacitors. It will
smell acrid, like burning plastic. Try replacing them and you might just
save a few bucks!

WARNING: Capacitors keeps electrical charge. Disconnect from the wall socket
and let it stand for a few hours, just to be sure.

Cheers
itiknila

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:52, ApOgEE <jerungkun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Umarzuki,
>
>
>> The grounding is always my prime suspect but the lack of expertise in
>> electrical prevents me from doing anything about it.
>>
>> How do I  ensure at least that partition would be grounded from these
>> statics?
>>
>
> To ensure your partition is grounded from these statics, you have to make
> sure all your electrical wiring to the partition and in the partition have
> proper grounding. Ground wire should normally green colored and also make
> sure that there are no nails or screws cutting any wires in the wire
> trunking.
>
> You don't have to be electrical expert. Just get out there and hire any
> professional wiremen to do the check for you. Explain the problem in detail
> and I believe most professional wiremen should simply solve the problem
> within hour or two. When the problem solved, pay them them money. It's
> really that simple. Same like you don't have to be a pilot to fly in a jet.
> There are people who already pro with it. Just hire them.
>
>
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the insight.
>> How do I actually recognize which one is giving the problem? Do I need a
>> test pen to poke around or something?
>>
>>
>
>  Here's quick tip to do the test yourself that there is no outage when
> someone bump to the partition and make the PC shuts down. Add a power
> extension which have two or more outlet to the incoming socket to your PC.
> Plug in your PC to one of the outlet in the extension and plug in a table
> lamp in another outlet in the socket. Turn the lamp and the PC on. When the
> setup is ready, bump yourself to the partition or touch the partition
> abruptly as you said previously. If you see the table lamp blinks or turned
> off, then there is wiring problem. If, only the PC shuts down, then you may
> consider Mr. Haris's advice to check inside the PC.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
>
> --
> Best Wishes,
>
> M. Fauzilkamil Zainuddin
> Software Engineer
> Persiasys Sdn. Bhd.
> ----------------------------------------------------
> ApOgEE a.k.a JeRuNgKuN
> ----------------------------------------------------
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~apogee <https://edge.launchpad.net/%7Eapogee>- ApOgEE on LaunchPad
> http://artofapogee.blogspot.com - Art Of ApOgEE
> http://coderstalk.blogspot.com - Coder's Talk
> ----------------------------------------------------
>
> --
> Ubuntu-my mailing list
> Ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-my/attachments/20091101/d1a993ef/attachment-0001.htm 

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 08:59:17 +0800
From: lutfi raffi <lutfiraffi at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-my] Mystery at the office, slightly off-topic
To: Malaysian Team Mailing List <ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID:
    <ee8138bd0910311759s2a0e664aqfbc604ed0778d1aa at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Nice info.... thanks.....



On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Wan M Fahmi Wan Azmi <wanfahmi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Another Experience to share, my PC shuts down on it's own and can't be
> switched on. After a few minutes, (sometimes hours), I can boot it up.  It
> works for a random number of minutes or hours. Initially I thought there's
> an over heating problem. I cleaned the fan, re-apply thermal paste, clean
> the case bla bla bla...
> But the problem persisted. At last, I opened up the power supply box
> (inside the PC) and found the capacitors are popped and are leaking (Noticed
> the yellowish stuff on the component). It was late at night and I had
> another old power supply (different connectors)  an too much time on my
> hand.The capacitors matched so I swapped the capacitors.
> The PC now works perfectly, running 24/7.
>
> Morale of the story. Capacitors have a life span. Once it pops, you need to
> replace them. If your motherboard is busted, Check the capacitors. It will
> smell acrid, like burning plastic. Try replacing them and you might just
> save a few bucks!
>
> WARNING: Capacitors keeps electrical charge. Disconnect from the wall
> socket and let it stand for a few hours, just to be sure.
>
> Cheers
> itiknila
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:52, ApOgEE <jerungkun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Umarzuki,
>>
>>
>>> The grounding is always my prime suspect but the lack of expertise in
>>> electrical prevents me from doing anything about it.
>>>
>>> How do I  ensure at least that partition would be grounded from these
>>> statics?
>>>
>>
>> To ensure your partition is grounded from these statics, you have to make
>> sure all your electrical wiring to the partition and in the partition have
>> proper grounding. Ground wire should normally green colored and also make
>> sure that there are no nails or screws cutting any wires in the wire
>> trunking.
>>
>> You don't have to be electrical expert. Just get out there and hire any
>> professional wiremen to do the check for you. Explain the problem in detail
>> and I believe most professional wiremen should simply solve the problem
>> within hour or two. When the problem solved, pay them them money. It's
>> really that simple. Same like you don't have to be a pilot to fly in a jet.
>> There are people who already pro with it. Just hire them.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the insight.
>>> How do I actually recognize which one is giving the problem? Do I need a
>>> test pen to poke around or something?
>>>
>>>
>>
>>  Here's quick tip to do the test yourself that there is no outage when
>> someone bump to the partition and make the PC shuts down. Add a power
>> extension which have two or more outlet to the incoming socket to your PC.
>> Plug in your PC to one of the outlet in the extension and plug in a table
>> lamp in another outlet in the socket. Turn the lamp and the PC on. When the
>> setup is ready, bump yourself to the partition or touch the partition
>> abruptly as you said previously. If you see the table lamp blinks or turned
>> off, then there is wiring problem. If, only the PC shuts down, then you may
>> consider Mr. Haris's advice to check inside the PC.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Best Wishes,
>>
>> M. Fauzilkamil Zainuddin
>> Software Engineer
>> Persiasys Sdn. Bhd.
>> ----------------------------------------------------
>> ApOgEE a.k.a JeRuNgKuN
>> ----------------------------------------------------
>> https://edge.launchpad.net/~apogee <https://edge.launchpad.net/%7Eapogee>- ApOgEE on LaunchPad
>> http://artofapogee.blogspot.com - Art Of ApOgEE
>> http://coderstalk.blogspot.com - Coder's Talk
>> ----------------------------------------------------
>>
>> --
>> Ubuntu-my mailing list
>> Ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
>>
>>
>
> --
> Ubuntu-my mailing list
> Ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-my/attachments/20091101/ee68fd3c/attachment.htm 

------------------------------

-- 
Ubuntu-my mailing list
Ubuntu-my at lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my


End of Ubuntu-my Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1
****************************************



      
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-my/attachments/20091101/54cf6a7d/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Ubuntu-my mailing list