[ubuntu-my] Ubuntu-my Digest, Vol 27, Issue 42

ApOgEE jerungkun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:25:05 GMT 2009

Why don't we think the other way around? Really wanna make money? Lets make
some... but not using Ubuntu Community name. Wake up friends!!

I've seen people making tons of money out of open source. And they are not
using community name. They are using their own brand while taking advantage
of what open source community are here to help them. And if we do care much
about Ubuntu community and the people who volunteer to work for it, why not
just be the brand or company who sponsor venue, meal, hardware, and other
stuff which community might need in doing such events or project that will
make both party happy. One party get the money/exposure and the other party
get what they are up to... both will achieve their goals. And everyone are
happy. How about that?

Growing a community without treasury department or any company as
representative for community is not an impossible thing. We have already
done that and as we can see now... we are growing bigger...

I'm really happy to see that more and more people are coming. Welcome to
Ubuntu community. There are lots of other things that we need help from all
of you instead of money. Such as:

1. Wiki documentation translator and writer.
2. Help on answering questions in forum, IRC & mailing list
3. Ubuntu Malay Localization
4. Bug squad
5. MOTU
6. Web development
7. Organising yearly activity to get more hands on helping those above,
knowledge sharing, public awareness, and some fun

Are you ready? Let's rock!!

Best Wishes,

ApOgEE a.k.a JeRuNgKuN
https://edge.launchpad.net/~apogee - ApOgEE on LaunchPad