[ubuntu-my] Gempar dari Awal Mart!!

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 10:14:24 BST 2009

On Tuesday 23,June,2009 04:53 PM, zarul shahrin wrote:
> Sometimes it's not about the email application or the OS, but more of
> the users. While OS itself can be part of the equation but it's not
> necessarily something to put the blame on. The only reason why
> Microsoft OSes are being targeted is due to its market share on
> Desktop computers. You can be on windows/linux/OSX but if you decided
> to download something( i.e  from porn websites) and install it without
> thinking twice or trying to figure out what it is, nobody can save
> you. Not even Linus Torvalds.
Yes and no. The thing about Windows is that it can be infected without
you even touching a single web page. Just connect to the Internet
without a firewall, and leave it connected for some minutes without
doing anything. The sasser worm hit me that way once. Then there are
some which can infect you via some vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer.
Such vulnerabilities are generally not present in *nix OSes.

--
Regards,
Chow Loong Jin