[ubuntu-my] Bandwidth Test for MY is way far lower than othercountry

Donald P Kong dpkong at pc.jaring.my
Thu Jun 11 10:55:16 BST 2009

this is what happens when you have third world mentality managing first
class infrastructure setup.

all that fiber so that everything runs fast inside a building or complex
like Cyberjaya. but links out of there are slow as snails.

i'd like to see the day we can access online banking and local websites
(ie. those situated _inside_ Malaysia) at lightning speeds. i can
understand if bandwidth out of Malaysia is slower as it costs more to
maintain multi-GB links to international destinations.

it IS possible for Streamyx to provide high-speed access to local sites
and throttle bandwidth out on international lines. if only they had the
personnel to manage the task...

--

Donald P Kong
+6019-887-7337