[ubuntu-my] how to add ubuntu-my irc channel to pidgin

ApOgEE jerungkun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 09:03:36 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Ruhaizad Daud <drizad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Salam,
>
> Can anybody teach me how to add ubuntu-my irc channel in my pidgin?

Howto Add #ubuntu-my IRC Channel To Pidgin

1) Open your Pidgin

2) On your Buddy List window, Click on Account > Manage Account

3) On Manage Account window click Add

4) On Add Account window. Select IRC for Protocol (dropdown box), then enter
"irc.freenode.net" for the Server (textbox). Put the username you like. then
Click Save

5) there will be "freenode-connect" tab on your Conversation window. Type
"/j #ubuntu-my" in the freenode-connect tab without quote marks and enter.
there will be #ubuntu-my tab open.

6) you can bookmark/add this tab for your future connection by going to
Conversation > Add

That's all. Hope it helps

--
Best Wishes,