[ubuntu-my] Bandwidth Test for MY is way far lower than other country

Wan M Fahmi Wan Azmi me at wanfahmi.com
Wed Jun 10 14:40:35 BST 2009

All I can say is OVERSOLD! And TM/Streamyx will blame Torrent users.

If you pay for a 1Mbps line, do you want to use the full bandwidth? Half?
Quarter?
Personally, I want to use what I paid for, be it for Streaming Video,
surfing, torrent, whatever..

I would say an average user use the net for surfing/email, maybe 4 hours a
day. In that 4 hours, user will pause and read most of the time. That's what
TM/Streamyx is banking on.

Unlike "average" users,  I use the Internet more. So far, to maxout my
usage, Torrents are the only application that can sustain maximum bandwith
usage. That's why TM/Streamyx hates torrent users. We "Max Out" our usage.
We "Clog" the internet.

Can a torrent user use MORE bandwidth than what he paid for? Say, pay for
1Mbps, and use 2Mbps? I don't think so.. (Although possible, but that's
another story.. :-)

Enough rant, Go Torrent!
(It rhymes!)

itiknila