[ubuntu-my] What will happened if i were to reinstall back win xp

DONALD PATRICK KONG dpkong at pc.jaring.my
Wed Jun 10 10:06:09 BST 2009

it's not something that can be "fixed" in newer versions of Linux/Ubuntu.
the problem lies in that the "other" operating system always thinks it is
the only one installed in the computer and will freely overwrite the MBR
at it own fancy.

Linux, OpenSolaris and other BSD operating systems will graciously check
the MBR and ask the user what to do _before_ overwriting the MBR.