[ubuntu-my] Pls tell me how to know if my firestarter is running as a system service

Hasanuddin Abu Bakar bizkutrai at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 09:42:25 BST 2009

What service you need from Firestarter? is it firewall or connection
sharing? Firestarter actually a GUI for "iptables" command line application
that much easier to launch at startup. But there are also "Save session"
function on Gnome that allows software launching automatically on login.
Also keep in mind that "iptables" rules still working even Firestarter icon
no longer on systray.

Hasanuddin Abu Bakar
Ubuntu embedded developer/tester
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/bizkut