[ubuntu-my] Talent search is on for cybersecurity students

Eric Yeoh msiantuxlover at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 11:07:31 BST 2009

Bro, what you said is correct. It is unfortunate that the Gomen still
thinks that it is world-class. Having a third class attitude is more
like it.

Cyber security and response requires cutting down a lot of red tapes
and bureaucracy to a degree that it will actually work. I am unsure
many of those in the Gomen knows what is happening in the first place.

Possibly all they know about security is installing the latest AV or
"buying security in a box". The education part must work hand-in-hand
with mechanisms and policies in place for effective response.

The ruling regime is fond of talking, like many others. They are
afraid to engage with the community as this ultimately show how
inadequate they are in doing their jobs.

Eric