[ubuntu-my] Standardizing the Ubuntu Malaysia

Nicholas Ng nbliang at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 19:31:42 BST 2009

Guys and girls,

Since our LoCo team is now approved as official team, I think it's
time to finalize and standardize some of our brands such as logo,
name, etc. I hope that all of you can contribute and finalize our
branding so that we can go further as official team.

To start with, here are some of the suggestions:

1. Official name

Our team or community should be officially known as "Ubuntu Malaysia
LoCo Team". Or otherwise if you have better suggestion of it. This
official name can be used in our e-mail signature, business card (for
official Ubuntu members - with @ubuntu.com e-mail), etc.

2. Logo

As suggested previously (back in 2007?), I would like to proposed for
the logo as attached ("ubuntu-my-small.png" for the complete logo, or
the attached "ubuntu-my-logo.png" by ApOgEE combined with the word
"ubuntu-my") as our official LoCo team logo. Other suggestions are
welcomed.

3. Domain name

Should we use the [1] standard domain name of "ubuntu-my.org" (owned
and provided by Canonical) as our official domain name and have our
existing "ubuntu.com.my" (owned by mypapit) and "ubuntu.org.my" (owned
by me) domain names to point to it.

4. Websites and other online services

Referring to point #3, our website should contained our official logo
and name, and use the default Ubuntu theme (as what we currently
have). As this is our brand and we should standardize it by using our
official team name, logo and domain.

Again I hope to get feedback, comments and suggestions from all of
you, and if I do miss out other points that you think are necessary or
important, please share it with all of us here.

Thank you.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoHosting#Domain%20Name%20Service

Cheers,

Nicholas Ng