[ubuntu-my] Applications to join Ubuntu Malaysia @ Launchpad

Nicholas Ng nbliang at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 17:49:21 BST 2008

Mr. Abbas,

Your account has been approved as the member of [1] Ubuntu Malaysia
and we would like to welcome you to our community. Do drop by to our
[2] website and [3] forum for latest information about the community
(ie. activities, HowTo, etc).

ApOgEE,

Thanks for contacting Mr. Abbas.

[1] https://edge.launchpad.net/~malaysianteam
[2] http://ubuntu.com.my/
[3] http://forums.ubuntu.com.my/

Cheers,

Nicholas Ng
Ubuntu Malaysia

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 11:31 PM, ApOgEE <jerungkun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mr. Abbas,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I'm not Nicholas, I'm ApOgEE anyway. Feel free
> to join our mailing list and ubuntu malaysia forum. Good to hear that
> you are up for ubuntu. I've read your blog and read that you are in
> GIS field. There are lots of open source GIS solution in Linux. You
> will love it.
>
> Hopefully, you could update your launchpad info, join the community
> forum and mailing list. And then will be approved as Ubuntu Malaysia
> Team.
>
> to join our forum, log on to http://forums.ubuntu.com.my
> to join the mailing list, log on to
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-my
> to chat with all Malaysian Ubuntu lover, you can join irc.freenode.net
> on #ubuntu-my channel
>
> I'm forwarding your email to Nicholas
>
> All the best for you. Thanks!
>

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Abbas Abdul Wahab <abbasaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Nicholas
>>
>> Sorry about that. I was using my nickname ...very unique.
>>
>> Anyway to answer your query, I'm currently a govt officer attached under the
>> Min. of Housing and Local Govt and was interested in open source when the
>> govt promoted it in 2002. IT is not my background just an interest. I tried
>> to dabble in Red Hat Linux but eventually gave up because it was difficult
>> then. I got a second itch to want to install open source on my personal pc
>> but now Ubuntu on the advice of my consultant.
>>
>> I would like to promote it at my dept but want to try it out first before I
>> make a fool of myself.
>>
>> Abbas @ badaveil
>>
>> 2008/6/29 ApOgEE <jerungkun at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Salam,
>>>
>>> Hi Mr. Badaveil, I've been googling to find you. Are you the one who
>>> register for Ubuntu Malaysia Member @ Launchpad? If yes, here's some
>>> note for you. But, if I'm wrong, I'm sorry for this unwanted email.
>>> Thank you.

>>> Guys / girls,
>>>
>>> There are few people that have requested to join [1] Ubuntu Malaysia
>>> at Launchpad but they did not provide much information for us to
>>> approve him/her as we cannot find any detail of that person. If anyone
>>> of you know the person listed below, please do advice us whether we
>>> can approved them or not. The reason is because we do not want
>>> "unwanted" people to be approved and causing problems within the
>>> community.
>>>
>>> For those who not yet join the [1] Ubuntu Malaysia at Launchpad and
>>> would like to do so, please at least put some information about
>>> yourself in your wiki, or launchpad profile.
>>>
>>> Here are the [2] members that awaiting for approval:
>>> 1. badaveil (https://edge.launchpad.net/~badaveil) - applied on 2008-06-21
>>> 2. battousai6691 (https://edge.launchpad.net/~emn6691) - applied on
>>> 2008-06-12
>>> 3. bigqayyum (https://edge.launchpad.net/~bigqayyum) - applied on