[ubuntu-my] Fwd: Ubuntu-my Digest, Vol 18, Issue 5

zarul shahrin zarulshahrin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 04:26:28 BST 2008

Hai

I have a thought about it, I don't really agree with this election thing..

One thing about election is, the better you talk and the better social
skills you have, then you will be a leader.. even if in reality, there are
more people spending all their time working for the community..
But these people are boring geeks, they don't organize BBQ instead they
spend their time replying emails to people who asked for their help.
Election is all about, how many you know instead of how much you have
contributed. Atleast, this is true in Malaysia.

I hate politics , most of the politicians are just good at making promises
and finding/spotting other people mistakes. They are good at making people
think they are angels, while the current leaders are Devils.  Most of them
don't care about the people, they just lied so that they can rise to power
and when they rise to power, you will realized how much of what they said
before were nothing more than lies so that they can be at the top...

I am sorry, but I don't wish to have politics or politician here... The kind
of leader that I dream of is a leader with a proven background, a background
in helping the people... I am stubborn person, I am no longer gonna be the
leader of this group, and it has already have much problem.. But I do not
wish to see it being a complete destruction... I might not be a good leader
and I learned a lot from my experience and pretty much tell me what kind of
person should lead this group.... I founded the local group, that something
you can't deny.. I am not boasting.. but that's fact... as a founder,  I
don't want to see what I started being destroyed, I am willing to go because
I think I am not good enough or have enough experience to lead this group
anymore, and I wish someone who is more experienced to lead the group and
not someone who is popular but lacking in term of experience and knowledge
and skills of a leader..

I am going to come out with the list of people who have been contributing
and supporting Ubuntu for the past few years.. they are not popular people,
but they are old and experienced enough to lead the group...  I normally
don't use my power to decide, but this will be the first and the last for
me.. For the good of this community...

Zarul