[ubuntu-my] about the ubuntu.com.my page

Andy Goh (hantu) hantuvii at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 06:00:44 GMT 2008

Somehow I feel that the current design of ubuntu.com.my is quite heavy. Is
there a condition that we need to have the exact same design as ubuntu.com,
being a locoteam? I was thinking something cleaner, but keep ubuntu's
colorscheme.

Using some CMS allows registered users to contribute to contents etc. Users
can add in their own articles or something

Just my thought :) I'd be glad to help out if needed. Cheers

On Jan 28, 2008 3:16 PM, ApOgEE <jerungkun at gmail.com> wrote:

> i do think that we need to keep the alignment and design like the original
> ubuntu.com. The only difference that we should make then is just the
> language will be in formal malay language.
>
> that is the reason why we have the ubuntu malaysia. it is for
> localization... and localization is obviously in language.
> and if you are experienced in multi language system, you should know how
> important is to keep the same user interface design.
>
> please have a look on other loco websites and see... how they translate.
> refer to:
> http://www.ubuntu.org.cn/ - ubuntu china
> http://www.ubuntulinux.jp/ - ubuntu japan
> http://www.ubuntu-id.org/ - ubuntu indonesia
>
> we can simply translate english to formal malay language. we can consult
> with school teachers who teach malay language (free proof -reading hehehe...
> ) Maybe not all words can be translated because we in malaysia, are still
> using the same jargon as we didn't have enough guts to translate all jargons
> to our language yet.
>

> On Jan 28, 2008 7:43 AM, zarul shahrin <zarulshahrin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ouch.. I just realized that too... Hopefully they will correct them
> > soon.. Thank you for the feedbacks!
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Zarul
> >

> > On Jan 27, 2008 11:18 PM, Donald P Kong <dpkong at pc.jaring.my> wrote:
> >
> > > although my BM is not as good as it should be, reading the BM
> > > translation on the http://ubuntu.com.my/ page is quite amusing. i
> > > think
> > > someone with much better BM should correct the text somewhat.
> > >
> > > i seriously doubt "Installer ubuntu terdapat dalam GUI yang
> > > membolehkan
> > > anda untuk bangun dan berlari dengan cepat dan dengan mudah" is
> > > correct
> > > use of the language !!
> > >

> > > --
> > >

> > --