[ubuntu-my] Recommended AGP video card for Ubuntu?

Hui Ming Teo teohuiming at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:53:45 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I have a MSI Motherboard (PM8M2-V) [1] with one AGP slot, and plan to
buy a video card (with TV-out). After searching Ubuntu forum, I
spotted an ATI Radeon card, which seems to run well on Ubuntu [2]:

 * ASUS ATI Radeon 9550 256MB 128bit [3]

AFAIK, this card is available in stores nearby my area, with price
around RM 168*.

Before buying it (and regret ;-), I think it's better to ask for
comments about this card, or any suggestion for other AGP video cards
that works on Ubuntu. BTW, I will use the card mainly to try out XGL
and MythTV, not for gaming (yet). Any suggestion?

[1] http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=pm8m2-v
[2] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=385656&page=2
[3] http://ati.amd.com/products/radeon9550/specs.html

Thanks,