[ubuntu-my] Dell Malaysia Ubuntu

Donald P Kong dpkong at pc.jaring.my
Thu Aug 14 16:41:59 BST 2008

last time i checked on malaysian Dell website, there was no way to
purchase a computer without having it come with a windows license. maybe
there is a way around it with an offline purchase. i did not bother to
ask. *shrug*

as you mentioned, it is quite understandable that in the past,
manufacturer's find it hard to pre-install computers with Linux since
there are problems of which distro to choose and who will support it
plus the costs involved. this should no longer be an issue since the
availability of Ubuntu and Canonical providing paid support if needed.

however, the discussion was that Dell Malaysia is not selling any
computer _in_ Malaysia with Ubuntu pre-installed while they do so in
some other countries.