[ubuntu-my] Ubuntu 7.10: Internet connection problem from VM ware

Low Lee Leong leonglow at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 14:01:33 GMT 2007

Hi All,
          Does anyone using Ubuntu 7.10 in VMware?
           I am using Ubuntu in VMware from a compaq presario v3000 series laptop.  I have internet connection problem.  My internet is streamyx modem plus router. It is a simple network.  There is no problem with the network as I can ping my router, see my window share folder and also ping tmnet dns server.  Which mean I can connect to outside world.  The problem is I can't browser webpage from firefox.  i also could not update download packages.  I had try all short of setting such as delete all IPV6 setting. I am Ubuntu user since 6.10 in VMware and have no problem with internet connection.
         One more strange thing is, the connection problem was solved in my PC VMware.  The solution is install 7.04 and then upgrade using 7.10 alternate CD.  This method could not solve my problem in laptop.
           Appreciate some one could share his/her experience with me.

Best regards,
Leong

http://mail.yahoo.com