[ubuntu-my] MyOSS Meetup July 2007

Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz aizat.faiz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 07:52:14 BST 2007

Michael Leow will cover a brief introduction on JSR 168 Portals: its
Standard, its Architecture as well as Development, and Administration
practices. My presentation will also include brief comparisons between
an open source implementation of a JSR 168 Portal (Liferay) and an open
standard (closed source) implementation of a JSR 168 Portal (WebSphere
Portal 6.0).

Agenda:
      * Why Portals?
      * Understanding Portals
      * Portlet Development
      * Portal Administration
      * Portal Services
      * Q & A

When
Thursday, July 5th 7:30 PM

What - Meetup Agenda
7:30pm - 7:45pm Meet each other
7:45pm - 7:50pm Opening by the Organizer
8:00pm - 8:45pm Demo of an OLPC XO (MIT $100 laptop) laptop and discuss
about the OLPC audio subsystem by Jaya Kumar
8:45pm - 9:30pm Open Discussion

Target Audience
      * Software Developers, Software Engineers and Architects
      * Employees at IT companies
      * Tertiary Students and Academics

Cost:
Free. No registration required, just come right in, have a seat, and
join the crowd.

Contact
aizat.faiz at gmail.com
017-690-8783

Where:
OUM Angkasa Raya
Open University Malaysia
Floor\Tingkat 3, Bangunan Angkasa Raya,
Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
TEL: 60-3-2148 8400

Located near Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC)
15 minute walk from the KLCC LRT station.
Praying facilities are available on the campus.

About MyOSS Meetups
Interested in helping out the Free and Open Source Community in
Malaysia?
Check out http://foss.org.my/projects/meetups/howto

If you would like to do a presentation, please contact me at the above
email address.

Learn more about the MyOSS Meetups at
http://foss.org.my/projects/meetups/about .

This meetup is possible due to the support and facilities provided by
Open University Malaysia.

Regards,
Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz

--
aizat faiz: sleep to the power of z. -_-;;^zzz
aizatto.com        - http://aizatto.com